Friday, March 21, 2014
This just in - Kim Kardashian indeed gets her Vogue cover. And of course, she is accompanied by Kanye. My 5 cents:
1. Kanye is completely unnecessary. Just NO.
2. This is a beautiful photo of Kim. She looks radiant, her ring is shining bright, the dress is made for her. Go ahead, argue that it's all the Photoshop, nonetheless it's still very good looking.
3. Regardless (of the look), Kim does not deserve this. Woman who do deserve covers: Mindy Kaling, Emily Blunt (BOTH mentioned on the cover), among many others. I feel like I don't have a need to say more because no matter if you like Kim or not, she simply did nothing to earn this. NOTHING.
4. I feel so bad for Vogue's social media team right now. So bad.
5. Discuss: who's the bigger attention seeker; Anna or Kimye? I vote Anna.
6. This is obviously the peak in the newer celeb-era for Vogue. After the peak comes the fall. Fingers crossed.
This cover may have been out, what, 20 minutes? And already 'Vogue', 'Anna Wintour', 'Kimye', and 'Kim & Kanye' are all worldwide trends. So well done Vogue, on this #worldsmosttalkedaboutcover.
It's going to be an interesting month, I wonder how many subscribers they will loose and how many issues they will sell. Thoughts? xx